By Wendy Ware
The softcover version of this finished and fantastically illustrated ebook includes key updates to the textual content and references concerned with universal cardiovascular illnesses and their administration, together with treatment for congestive center failure and arrhythmias, reflecting the most advancements in cardiology and in perform. considering the fact that e-book Dr Ware's authoritative but person pleasant advisor to cardiovascular illnesses and problems within the puppy and cat has been broadly praised. it truly is richly illustrated all through by way of scientific color pictures, imaging and diagrams of the very best quality. assurance contains review ideas, investigative approaches, prognosis, scientific and surgical administration recommendations and techniques.
Read Online or Download Cardiovascular Disease in Small Animal Medicine PDF
Similar veterinary medicine books
Written by means of the best specialist during this box, this can be the one publication delivering sensible assistance at the criminal responsibilities of taking good care of laboratory animals. up to date info on all appropriate united kingdom laws and guidance is given, with the most emphasis being at the interpretation of the Animals (Scientific tactics) Act 1986.
The significance of meals defense for human health and wellbeing has been well known. the security of meals of animal starting place is especially correct as the huge majority of foodborne ailments come from chicken, eggs, meat, milk and dairy items and fish. This textbook covers an built-in method of this kind of foodstuff creation, hygiene and defense and exhibits the way it ends up in concurrent advantages to animal health, human future health, defense of our environment and socioeconomics.
- The Care of Brute Beasts: A Social and Cultural Study of Veterinary Medicine in Early Modern England (History of Science and Medicine Library)
- Weaning The Pig: Concepts and Consequences
- Nutritional Management of Hospitalized Small Animals
- Handbook of Equine Emergencies, 1st Edition
Additional resources for Cardiovascular Disease in Small Animal Medicine
Note the elongated, upright orientation (30) and small DV profile (31) common in breeds with a deep, narrow chest. (32) This diagram illustrates the method for VHS measurement using the lateral chest radiograph. 4 v (see text for further information). L = long axis heart dimension; S = short axis heart dimension; T = trachea. (Modified from Buchanan JW, Bücheler J (1995) Vertebral scale system to measure canine heart size in radiographs. ) 36 CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE IN SMALL ANIMAL MEDICINE NORMAL FELINE CARDIAC SILHOUETTE In cats the heart on a lateral view is aligned more parallel to the sternum than in dogs (33, 34).
2) Left atrial enlargement: a) Mild mitral valve insufficiency. c) Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (see Chapter 21). f) (Sub)aortic stenosis (see Chapter 18). g) Aortic valve insufficiency. h) Systemic hypertension (see Chapter 25). i) ‘Athletic’ heart. j) Hyperthyroidism. k) Mass lesion involving left heart (see Chapter 22). l) Acromegaly. 4) Right atrial and ventricular enlargement: a) Tricuspid valve insufficiency (see Chapters 18, 19). b) Atrial septal defect (see Chapter 18). c) Pulmonic stenosis (see Chapter 18).
Diffuse lymphoma). However, mild diffuse opacity or ‘haziness’ is often related to nonpathologic causes such as aging, fat accumulation, expiration, or underexposed film2. Obesity tends to reduce maximal lung expansion, which also contributes to increased pulmonary opacity. g. nipples, ticks). Alveolar patterns obscure the tissue margins of adjacent structures (such as the heart, vessels, and diaphragm), producing the silhouette sign. Pulmonary arteries larger than their accompanying veins indicate pulmonary arterial hypertension (55).