By R. Bernabei
Read or Download Dark Matter Search [lg article] PDF
Best nonfiction_6 books
- Sodium-Graphite Reactor Quarterly Prog Rpt [Jul-Sep 1954] [Declassified]
- Quantum Dynamical Phenomena of Electrons in Semicond. Superlattices [thesis]
- Reflectivity of Plasmas Created by High-Inten, Untrashort Laser Pulses [thesis]
- Countries and Their Cultures Volume 3 L-R (Laos to Rwanda)
- Principles of object-oriented modeling and simulation with Modelica 2. 1
Additional resources for Dark Matter Search [lg article]
The only process which has been found as an hypothetical possibility is the muon flux modulation reported by the MACRO experiment . In fact, MACRO has observed that the muon flux shows a nearly sinusoidal time behaviour with one year period and maximum in the summer with amplitude of ≃ 2 %; this muon flux modulation is correlated with the temperature of the atmosphere. A simple calculation to estimate the modulation amplitude expected from this process in our set-up has been introduced in ref.
G. ). The situation is analogous for results presented in form of exclusion plots, which also have not an ”universal” meaning, as well as for the results of WIMP specific parameters inferred by indirect searches. 1 Estimates of WIMP direct detection rates In the following the main bases necessary to perform model dependent analyses in this field are given. The approximations and intrinsic uncertainties can be inferred straight-forward. 1 WIMP-nucleus elastic scattering The studied process is the WIMP-nucleus elastic scattering and the measured quantity is the recoil energy.
8) · 10−3 are found in the (2-4) keV and (4-6) keV energy bins, respectively; both consistent with zero. Thus, also the unlikely idea of a possible role played by the efficiency values in the observed effect is ruled out. 37 Table 4: Modulation amplitudes obtained by fitting the time behaviour of the efficiencies including a WIMP-like cosine modulation for the DAMA/NaI-5 to -7 running periods. 1 [41, 60, 61, 63, 64]. g. ref.  a quantitative investigation on that point has been carried out. 05 (ε-<ε>)/<ε> Figure 20: Distribution of the percentage variations of the efficiency values with the respect to their mean values during the DAMA/NaI-5 to -7 running periods; see text.