By Domine Leenaerts, J. van der Tang, Cicero S. Vaucher
Circuit layout for RF Transceivers covers key development blocks that are had to make an built-in transceiver for instant and mobile purposes, that's low-noise amplifiers, mixers, voltage managed oscillators, RF strength amplifiers and phase-locked loop platforms. ranging from specified RF suggestions and standards, the authors speak about the circuits intimately and supply strategies to many layout difficulties. The circuits are applied in a variety of smooth expertise procedures. creation standards are taken under consideration, and dimension effects are provided and mentioned. numerous of the offered circuits are utilized in IC items. The textual content additionally comprises a number of RF applied sciences (for instance double-poly, Silicon-on-Anything, SiGe-bipolar, RF-CMOS, etc.) and microwave layout recommendations, corresponding to transmission line recommendations. additionally, the matter of connecting the RF signs on-chip to the PCB and to the antenna should be mentioned, together with the impression of the package deal, ESD and bond pads. The contents of Circuit layout for RF Transceivers second edition are according to examine actions conducted at Philips study. Many inner and exterior courses contributed to make the provided fabric cutting-edge. The publication is written for those that have a uncomplicated wisdom of analogue IC layout. the second one version of this winning 2001 RF Circuit layout publication has been up to date, newest know-how stories were further in addition to numerous genuine case reports. as a result of authors being lively in in addition to academia, this could end up to be a vital consultant on RF Transceiver layout for college kids and engineers.
Read or Download Circuit Design for RF Transceivers PDF
Best design books
Circuit layout for RF Transceivers covers key development blocks that are had to make an built-in transceiver for instant and mobile functions, that's low-noise amplifiers, mixers, voltage managed oscillators, RF strength amplifiers and phase-locked loop platforms. ranging from particular RF innovations and necessities, the authors talk about the circuits intimately and supply strategies to many layout difficulties.
So much designers comprehend that yellow textual content awarded opposed to a blue heritage reads truly and simply, yet what number can clarify why, and what quite are the easiest how one can aid others and ourselves essentially see key styles in a host of knowledge? This e-book explores the artwork and technology of why we see gadgets the way in which we do.
Makes use of Verilog HDL to demonstrate desktop structure and microprocessor layout, permitting readers to effectively simulate and alter the operation of every layout, and hence construct industrially correct talents- Introduces the pc ideas, computing device layout, and the way to take advantage of Verilog HDL (Hardware Description Language) to enforce the layout- offers the talents for designing processor/arithmetic/cpu chips, together with the original program of Verilog HDL fabric for CPU (central processing unit) implementation- regardless of the numerous books on Verilog and desktop structure and microprocessor layout, few, if any, use Verilog as a key software in aiding a scholar to appreciate those layout concepts- A significant other site contains colour figures, Verilog HDL codes, additional try out benches no longer present in the ebook, and PDFs of the figures and simulation waveforms for teachers
- Analog Circuit Design: Low-Noise, Low-Power, Low-Voltage; Mixed-Mode Design with CAD Tools; Voltage, Current and Time References
- Interior Design Illustrated (3rd Edition)
- Nano and Microstructural Design of Advanced Materials. A Commemorative Volume on Professor G. Thomas' Seventieth Birthday
- Geotechnical Design to Eurocode 7
- Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing: Methods and Tools
Additional info for Circuit Design for RF Transceivers
27) reduces to Thus, for equal resistance values, the noise figure is 3 dB. The circuit produces the same amount of noise as the source resistance. To let the source resistance be dominant, the input referred noise resistance should be smaller than the source resistance. 3 Non-linearity Radio frontend specifications are usually related to the non-linear behavior of the circuits from which the system is built. We can think of specifications such as gain compression, inter-modulation and blocking.
16) expresses the quality of matching and 20 log is defined as the “return loss”3. In fact, it means that the load is reflecting back some of the power delivered by the source. You can also view it as that the load not taking up all of the available power from the source. As an example, assume where S is a system. e. at least 1% of the power is reflected back. There will be no reflection for a perfect match. e. the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). The noise factor (F), a measure normally used in RF design, is strongly related to this definition, The noise factor4 is a ratio between the S N R at the input and the S N R at the output of a system.
The gate is connected from two sides using metal interconnect, as only then can a very RF Design: Concepts and Technology 33 low total gate resistance be achieved. To reduce the contribution of the poly resistance to the gate resistance to less than a few ohms, the device must have as many fingers as possible. The drain area is shared by two transistors, almost halving the drain junction capacitance per transistor. The substrate contact is merged with the source contact, and is shunted by a silicide layer.