By Mitchelson, Cheng
A very good panel of hands-on specialists and builders of CE gear describe in step by step type their top state of the art tools for the detection and research of DNA mutations and transformations, starting from exact DNA loci to complete genomes of organisms. this primary quantity of the set, advent to the Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids, covers the sensible and theoretical issues at the back of using capillary electrophoresis for the research of small oligonucleotides and changed nucleotides. in addition to distinctive directions making sure prepared reproducibility, those protocols supply time-tested suggestion on instrumentation, sign detection, the capillary atmosphere, and the mixing of mass spectrometry with CE. numerous chapters are dedicated to the research of small healing oligonucleotides, nucleosides, and ribonucleotides via CE. The spouse quantity, sensible functions of Capillary Electrophoresis, addresses suggestions for high-throughput research of DNA fragments utilizing SNP detection, mutation detection, DNA sequencing equipment, and DNA-ligand interactions. accomplished and updated, the paired volumes of Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids supply an authoritative advisor with quick access to quickly, flexible, trustworthy, and robust applied sciences for all these uncomplicated and medical investigators reading DNA edition this present day.
Read or Download Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids Volume 1 Introduction to the Capillary Electrophoresis (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 162) PDF
Best biology books
Genetic engineering is a strong instrument for crop development. Crop biotechnology earlier than 2001 was once reviewed in Transgenic plants I-III, yet fresh advances in plant telephone and molecular biology have triggered the necessity for brand new volumes. Transgenic vegetation IV offers with cereals, greens, root plants, herbs and spices.
- Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes (Volume 10)
- The Cell. Evolution of the First Organism [intro]
- Biology und Epidemiology of Hormone Replacement Therapy: Discussions on Post-Menopausal Health
- Peptide Research Protocols: Endothelin
- Redesigning rice photosynthesis to increase yield: proceedings of the Workshop on the Quest to Reduce Hunger: Redesigning Rice Photosynthesis, held in Los Banos, Philippines, 30 November-3 December 1999
Extra info for Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids Volume 1 Introduction to the Capillary Electrophoresis (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 162)
65, 3518–3525. 48. , and Worwood, M. (1999) A rapid automated SSCP multiplex capillary electrophoresis protocol that detects the two common mutations implicated in hereditary hemochromatosis. Hum. Genet. 104, 29–35. 49. , and Atha, D. H. (2001) SSCP analysis of point mutations by capillary electrophoresis, in Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids, Vol. 2 (Mitchelson, K. R. ), Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, pp. 109–126. 50. , and Kambara, H. (1997) Analysis of single-strand conformation polymorphisms by capillary electrophoresis with laser induced fluorescence detection.
1998) Base-specific separation of oligodeoxynucleotides by capillary affinity gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 19, 433–436. 99. , Buchanan, D. , and Kennedy, R. T. (1998) Aptamers as ligands in affinity probe capillary electrophoresis. Anal. Chem. 70, 4540–4545. 100. Wan, Q. H. and Le, X. C. (1999) Fluorescence polarization studies of affinity interactions in capillary electrophoresis. Anal. Chem. 71, 4183–4189. 101. Xian, J. (2001) Capillary DNA-protein mobility shift assay, in Capillary Electrophoresis of Nucleic Acids, Vol.
93) elegantly demonstrates the extremely rapid analysis of a mutation using an integrated microchip system incorporating both DNA amplification and CE separation of SDA products. Molecular beacon probes can be employed in an NASBA amplicon detection system to generate a specific fluorescent signal simultaneously with RNA amplification (92). The assay for NASBA could also be adapted for microchip CE analysis, in which retardation of the mobility of probe after hybridization to the amplificon could be monitored.