By Nathan M. Slovis DVM Dipl ACVIM
Atlas of Equine Endoscopy is a realistic reference consultant to minimally invasive equine endoscopy of assorted organ platforms. simply because endoscopy is now customary through equine practitioners, this atlas focuses much less on simple ideas and extra on its use as a diagnostic software. assurance comprises either basic and irregular findings, with greater than 575 high-definition pictures, captured by way of digicam. each one strategy is mentioned continually, addressing correct common anatomy through different types of problems akin to neoplasia, irritation, and abscesses.
- State-of-the-art full-color electronic images.
- Illustrated reference of either the traditional and irregular exam findings in every one organ system.
- Distant and close-up perspectives of the anatomy are supplied the place appropriate; this is helping establish common anatomy and anatomical variations.
- The order of the pictures in every one physique process displays the order during which the endoscopic exam is performed.
- Several assorted photos of an identical disease are supplied so the reader can get pleasure from the several shows of exact disorders.
- Contributors are board-certified specialists from all equine veterinary specialties.
- Covers endoscopic gear, delivering helpful comparative info on tools and video equipment.
Read or Download Atlas of Equine Endoscopy PDF
Best veterinary medicine books
Written by means of the major specialist during this box, this can be the single booklet supplying functional assistance at the felony tasks of taking good care of laboratory animals. up to date info on all appropriate united kingdom laws and guidance is given, with the most emphasis being at the interpretation of the Animals (Scientific strategies) Act 1986.
The significance of meals defense for human healthiness has been widely known. the security of meals of animal beginning is especially correct as the huge majority of foodborne illnesses come from chicken, eggs, meat, milk and dairy items and fish. This textbook covers an built-in method of this sort of nutrients creation, hygiene and security and exhibits the way it leads to concurrent advantages to animal health, human well-being, security of our environment and socioeconomics.
- Trends in Emerging Viral Infections of Swine
- Foodborne Viruses and Prions and Their Significance for Public Health (Food Safety Assurance and Veterinary Public Health)
- Peste des Petits Ruminants Virus
- Exotic Animal Medicine for the Veterinary Technician
Extra info for Atlas of Equine Endoscopy
LCD: A 4-inch color LCD screen with active matrix technology is incorporated to provide clear, accurate colors for on-the-spot playback of recordings. • Analog in/out: Increasing your creative possibilities, analog in/out makes it possible to connect your video Walkman to a range of analog devices. • Control L: A LANC interface for synchronized editing with other Control L–equipped devices is provided. • USB terminal: USB is a computer industry standard that is designed to simplify interconnection between digital equipment such as audiovisual devices and computers.
Nasal occlusion is used to evaluate the upper airways, when indicated, in a stable environment instead of during actual performance. Nasal Sound Recording Device An additional upper airway test is to use a nasal sound recording device (WindTest™) in conjunction with endoscopy to assess upper airway lesions not able to be observed directly. For this test a nasal recording microphone is placed into the nares, and the horse is then maximally exercised. Endoscopy is performed immediately upon arrival into the stable, and the airway noise turbulence is compared with that from lesions of the upper airways.
An early recurrence can be treated with a diode laser (Figure 3-19). Aggressive hematomas can occlude both nasal passages (Figures 3-20 and 3-21). FIGURE 3-13. Ethmoid hematoma. FIGURE 3-14. Ethmoid hematoma. FIGURE 3-15. Injection of 20 ml of formalin in a FIGURE 3-16. Hematoma becoming necrotic 2 weeks 20-year-old mare with chronic serosanguinous discharge. Formalin was injected into the hematoma with use of a transendoscopic 14-gauge retractable needle (after topical administration of lidocaine).