By Henry Dunant
The horrors witnessed by way of Dunant after the conflict of Solferino on June 24 1859 and his humanitarian charm are the origins of the crimson move movment.
Read or Download A Memory of Solferino PDF
Best nonfiction_5 books
This e-book is a suite of papers which are dedicated to numerous elements of interactions among mineralogy and fabric sciences. it is going to comprise reports, viewpoint papers and unique learn papers on mineral nanostructures, biomineralization, micro- and nanoporous mineral stages as sensible fabrics, actual and optical houses of minerals, and so forth.
Study and improvement on lcd (LCD) backlight applied sciences have gotten more and more very important as a result speedy progress of the liquid crystal display enterprise. Backlight applied sciences give a contribution to sensible advancements of LCDs when it comes to vast color replica, uniformity advancements of luminance and color temperature, excessive luminance, lengthy lifestyles, much less strength intake, thinner backlight unit, in addition to price.
* research useful, real-world examples and strategies for dealing with money* Optimize funds flows and liquidity administration* become aware of the consequences of lately enacted monetary deregulation legislation* behavior monetary transactions within the worldwide, e-commerce economic system* advance a partnership method of financial institution relationshipsFull of priceless tips, thoughts, illustrative real-world examples, indicates, and most sensible practices, this useful and concise paperback can assist you stay awake thus far at the most recent considering, ideas, advancements and applied sciences in dealing with company money.
- Spin Geometry. (PMS-38)
- Knowledge-Driven Multimedia Information Extraction and Ontology Evolution: Bridging the Semantic Gap
- A 'special relationship'?: Harold Wilson, Lyndon B. Johnson and Anglo-American relations 'at the summit', 1964-68
- Reading for Every Child: Phonemic Awareness, Grades K-1
- Global tectonics, 3rd
Additional info for A Memory of Solferino
6. At Marignan, a Sardinian sentinel stationed in an outpost was surprised by a detachment of Austrian soldiers, and they gouged out his eye to teach him, so they had, to be more observant another time. " Let us hope that these two outrages (which are authentic) were almost the only ones of this kind committed during the Italian campaign. 7. The French soldiers showed the greatest respect for all property belonging to the people of the country. Their sense of discipline, their politeness, their sobriety and good behaviour during the Italian War deserve high commendation.
Geneva and other Swiss towns, and certain towns in Savoy also, sent very large consigmuents of linen and lint to Turin through Dr. Appia, who took the initiative in this excellent work in Geneva. Fairly large sums of money were devoted to providing the wounded, without distinction of nationality, with all kinds of small comforts. Countess de G... proposed the formation of a committee for this purpose, and her suggestion, which was favourably received in Paris, was followed up in Geneva. From this neutral country, where very much sympathy was naturally felt for both belligerents, relief was forwarded to the official relief committees in Turin and Milan for impartial distribution among French, German and Italian wounded.
On the other side, Miss Florence Nightingale, who was familiar with the hospitals in England and with the principal charitable and philanthropie establishments on the Continent, and who had given up the pleasures of opulence in order to devote herself to doing good, received a pressing appeal from Lord Sidney Herbert, Secretary at War of the British Empire, asking her to go and look after the English soldiers in the Near East. Miss Nightingale, who has attained a great popularity, did not hesitate in undertaking this fine work, with which she knew that her Sovereign sympathised.